On May 19th, the City Council is scheduled to consider the latest Purchase and Sale Agreement from SDSU.
For almost two years since voters approved Measure G, the Mayor, the City Attorney, and SDSU have been at the negotiating table.
It’s past time for the City Council to do our job:
- The voters gave us clear guidelines and told us to get a deal done.
- SDSU has agreed to the City’s proposed fair market value for the land and complied with all significant provisions of Measure G.
- It’s time for the City Council, not bureaucrats and consultants, to take charge.
If the deal doesn’t get done now:
- Taxpayers will continue to be on the hook for $1 million a month to maintain the site.
- Any new post-pandemic appraisal would likely lower the purchase price by many millions.
- The Mayor’s 2020/21 budget relies on revenue from this sale to close the city’s budget deficit and maintain municipal services for residents.
- We could lose a once-in-a-generation opportunity to transform Mission Valley by building a beautiful river park, expanding SDSU and generating billions in regional economic impact.
Read my Full Memo
Candidate for Mayor of San Diego
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT