Along my journey, I’ve learned that “behind every successful woman is a tribe of other successful women who have her back.”
I am so proud to have earned the support from these sharp, goal-driven, competitive, and high-achieving San Diegan women.
• I am grateful to be part of a lifelong movement promoting women in business, health care, STEAM, and politics.
• I am proud to be a member of a historic San Diego City Council, where the majority of the members are women.
• I have fought for pay equity and sexual harassment-free workplaces by creating the Workplace Equity Initiative.
• I’ve led and empowered young women by founding the CONNECT program at UCSD, preparing them for successful careers in the STEAM fields.
• I’ve defended a Woman’s Right to Choose on the Board of Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest.
Thank you to my daughter Rachel Aberasturi, Adria Fox, Denisse Newell, Gabriela Dow, Briana Weisinger, Celina Laframboise, and Donna Frye, for your support.